A house in Voyageur Estates, located north of Highway 630 off Range Road 210 in Strathcona County, was destroyed by fire the morning of Tuesday, March 21.
The couple living there were barely able to get themselves and their three dogs out of the house in time. Continue Reading
The Tofield Titan Midget Tier 1 team took Silver at the Midget ‘C’ Provincials held last weekend in Slave Lake after winning all three round robin games and the semi-final.
On Thursday, Tofield started the weekend by handily defeating White-court 5-1. The team kept winning Continue Reading
Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville MLA Jessica Littlewood announced that funding has been approved in the 2017 provincial budget for the realignment of Highway 834 near Tofield.
As the town’s high corridor route, the road runs right past C.W. Sears elementary school on the east side of Tofield, a fact that has caused concern for local residents and officials alike.
Large vessels and trucks routinely make their way Continue Reading
– Former information supervisor at Tofield Health Centre pleads guilty to information access breaches;
– Holden Council to review draft of proposed Public Behaviour Bylaw before taking action; other council news;
– 2017 Agriculture Supplement salutes farmers and other agricultural industry in our communities;
– Opinion Page: Editorial – Saluting the farmer and the rural way of life: Letter – Tolerance and respect needed in political debates;
– Loose Ends column by Carol Livingstone – this week: “Round and Round We Go;”
– Tofield minor hockey teams place well in 16/60 League Finals;
– This Week on the Web: Father and five children live in tiny condo; Reality show contestants continue filming without knowing show is cancelled; Escalator malfunctions causing panic and injury; and Movie premiere fire causes panic;
– Ardrossan Crimson Knights win gold in league play and Edmonton Slush Cup; qualify for Provincials in Calgary;
– Beaver County Chronicle News: Reeve’s synopsis of AAMDC rural municipality convention; Clean Harbors and Beaver County Transportation Centre robberies have suspects ramming gates to get access; Focus on infrastructure in 2017 federal budget pleases AUMA;
– Also inside this edition of the Mercury: Blanket and Classified advertising; Tofield and Area Church Directory; Help Wanted Ads; Realty Ads; Community Events; Business and Professional Directory, and much more!!!
After a couple of public hearings and well organized opposition by protesting parents, Elk Island Public Schools did what it decided in the first place and stuck to its plan to close Ministik School, 25 km west of Tofield on Highway 14.
Parent Pauline Gurnett said that now it is up to the Minister of Education to approve the decision. “We wait in anticipation of his decision.
“The board meeting was very frustrating Continue Reading
Former junior roller derby star with Highway 14 Roller Derby Association, Fallaine Matula from Tofield recently won the MVP Jammer Award for the A-level Edmonton E-ville Dead team in its win over Anarchy Angels of Vancouver at Lynden, Washington at the end of February.
Fallaine’s team crushed the BC competitors 306-72 after having the fortune of a couple of their key players dropping out with injuries before the contest. But the 19-year-old said it was likely her Edmonton team (ranked 78th out of 322 teams playing in the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association, WFTD) would have still won the game.
Music Royalty was celebrated as the Tofield Skating Club put on its year-end Ice Carnival in front of proud and excited friends and relatives at the Tofield Arena on Saturday.
The boards were covered in a black backdrop highlighted in blue lights, while a castle was set centre stage with knightly banners hung for Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Sir Elton John, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin.
Drapes in the middle would serve as the castle gate, with skaters Continue Reading
• Letter: Health Foundation needs to work on follow up with Dr.s
• Letter: Cats causing havoc in Tofield
• Letter: Response to reeve’s letter about carbon levy
• Beaver County gives tax breaks to Fish & Game Club
• Final budget could be approved at April 24 Beaver C meeting
• Beaver County councillor wants roads built
• Roof on top of a roof at Tofield Arena
• Vimy Ridge 100th anniversary being honoured in Tofield
• Obituary: Patricia Marlene Eunice Bratrud
• Goalie Josh Whitbread has big game in Tofield Pee Wees’ come back win
– Also inside this week’s Mercury: Business and Professional Directory, Community Events, Real Estate sales; Help Wanted ads; Classified and Blanket advertising; Tofield and Area Church Directory; and much more!
This past week the Ryley/Daysland 2A girls’ combined high school team finished league play with a win in Tofield to complete their league play, earning a solid record of 5 wins and 1 loss.
They also finished up their tournament play with a gold medal in Redwater and an overall strong effort going 3 and 0.
The team competed in 7 tournaments over the year, starting off with gold in Vermilion.
They placed in every tournament which included Continue Reading