Here’s what else is making news in the August 18th, 2015 edition of The Tofield Mercury, on newsstands now!
– Opinion: Conservative critic for Agriculture Wayne Drysdale says extra drought relief needs to be fast-tracked for producers; Letter: local resident says the party’s over for oil and gas jobs;
– A personal take by Patti Campbell of her experience judging at the Round Hill Agricultural Society’s 31st annual Bench Show;
– Loose Ends columnist Carol Livingstone discusses retro ways of listening to music in “Remember Those?”
– This Week on the Web: Amusement park accident caught on tape; Woman acts as surrogate for twin sister’s baby; Independent candidacy video sweeps Internet; LA uses plastic balls to conserve drinking water;
– Tofield Museum and Beaverhill Nature Centre closing Aug. 23 for the season – mystery tool contest is revealed;
– Concrete flooring poured at Ryley’s new village office;
– Two local girls participate in 15th World Gymnaestrada in Helsinki, Finland;
– Royal Alberta Museum documents quilts for posterity at Tofield Museum;
Also inside this edition are Help Wanted Ads, Classified and Blanket advertising; Business and Directory Guide for all your service needs; Real Estate Ads; Tofield and Area Church Directory and much more!