Here’s what else is making news in the Sept. 1st, 2015 edition of the Tofield Mercury, on newsstands now!
– Sorenson signs first to go up for Battle River-Crowfoot;
– Opinion: Give kids a “brake’ as they go back to school; Letter: New era of accountability one promise not kept by Conservatives;
– Loose Ends columnist Carol Livingstone realizes, “Hey, We’re Glamping!;”
– Battle River School District selects new Chair and Vice Chair for 2015-16;
– This Week on the Web: Boy learns he will be a big brother; Message in a bottle found 100 years later; Stolen pug reunited with owner; Couple takes newborn photos with puppy; Gun statistics make waves in United States;
– Quilting retreat an opportunity to contribute to Bags of Love charity;
– Red Knights firefighters’ motorcycle club tours Alberta east;
– Tofield Farmers’ Market bustles last Friday – Busy B makes donations to local organizations;
– Town of Tofield Summer Program another success;
– You can help keep children safe, just by drinking coffee;
– Beaver County Chronicle: Suspicious remains discovered near Holden found to be non-human; Village of Holden plans to hold public forum on local security Sept. 8 to correct misinformation on recent incidents and discuss solutions;
– Also in this week’s edition are Business and Professional pages, Classifieds, Blankets, Help Wanted, Real Estate, Church Directory and upcoming events ads.