Here’s what else is making news in the March 15, 2016 edition of The Tofield Mercury, on news stands now!
– Tofield Bull Bash set for April 16 – Action packed night full of rank rides and rank wrecks;
– Opinion: Editorial – Seeing the tops of people’s heads while driving is disconcerting; Out of work oilpatch workers deserve respect;
– Loose Ends – columnnist Carol Livingstone regales us with dental stories in “Chicken in the Chair;:
– This Week on the Web: Penguin travels miles to reunite with man who saved his life; #RideForOlivia celebrates equestrian rider’s life; Bacon brothers promote eggs in video; Male pub workers protest female dress codes;
– The News and Views of Greens and Blues by Rebecca Hellekson – “In the Zone” tells of Ryley and Tofield schools basketball plays;
– Nerf Gun War fundraiser has youth battling “the uniforms” during exciting action at Tofield Hall March 30;
– Tofield waits on provincial plan to relocate Highway 834 away from C.W. Sears Elementary School;
– “Serious inquires” on service road land could lead to commercial development, says Tofield mayor;
– Tofield PeeWees compete in Provincials in Boyle;
– Tofield Registration Night exciting time to anticipate upcoming sports activities;
– Battle River School Division creates safe and caring schools policy – drafting LGBTQ policy as per provincial direction;
– Tofield RCMP report – marijuana grow op determined to be legal; stolen trackhoe and trailer recovered on rural property;
– 2016 Tofield Ladies Bonspiel winners – first place to Chinese team;
– 16/60 Hockey League – Tofield Bantam goalie Kody Prusak records .977 save percentage in win over Vegreville;
– Also in this week’s edition: Vehicle sales full page adverising; Real Estate advertising; Help Wanted ads; Tofield and Area Church Directory; Local Events; Classified and Blanket ads; Business and Professional Directory; and much more!