Here’s what else is making news in the June 7, 2016 edition of The Tofield Mercury, on news stands now!
– Two Page Pictorial Spread featuring some of the highlights of the Sodbuster Rodeo!
– Pictures of Tofield’s Sodbuster Promenade – a street festival with something for everyone!
– Opinion: Editorials – Residents of town and county invited out to Ride for Dad; Without volunteers, local events simply would not happen; Letter – Writer disputes Un right to designate Beaverhill biosphere;
– Loose Ends columnist Carol Livingstone discusses her elm tree in “A Dirty Mess;”
– This Week on the Web: Artist gives sick children tattoos; Man uses posters to find new roommate; Shaquille O’Neal poses as Lyft driver; Girl recieves doll with prosthetic leg;
– Student reporter Rebecca Hellekson gives a News and Views of Greens and Blues (Tofield and Ryley schools) report called “Centre Stage;”
– Brian Mattice is elected by acclamation as Holden village councillor, to be sworn in June 20th;
– Tofield High Show ‘n Shine a happening place for students;
– Battle River School Division helps young moms finish school;
– Beaver County Chronicle: County fundraises for Red Cross; Beaver County councillors to attend Municipal Government Act consultations next week;
– Also inside this edition of the Mercury: giant car sales; real estate and help wanted ads; rodeo and auction ads; Business and Professional pages, Tofield and Area Church Directory; Classifieds and Blanket advertising; community events, and much more!!!