Here’s what else is making news in the Feb. 21, 2017 edition of The Tofield Mercury, on news stands now!
– Village of Ryley solicitors write letter to the public stating the village “has gone out of its way” for elderly man with $4,000 painting bill who sold his house to pay it;
– Letters to the Editor: Paint/lawn bill for bylaw enforcement in Ryley “exhorbitant;” Sad that nobody in small village helped elderly man who couldn’t paint his house as ordered;
– Parliamentary Report by Battle River-Crowfoot MP Kevin Sorenson – Liberals take away tax credit from armed forces troops;
– Loose Ends columnist Carol Livingstone states: “I’d Rather Believe in Zombies;”
– 16/60 Minor Hockey Report: Tofield Tier 5 Atoms finish Interlock season unbeaten;
– Tofield Quilters sew for charity during 150th Canada challenge;
– Family literacy celebrated with libraries and seniors;
– Beaver County holds regular meeting Feb. 14 – motions passed on roads, BMS, waterline study and more; May the forage be with you and your herd;
– Also inside this edition of the Mercury: Real Estate ads, Help Wanted Ads, Business and Professional Directory; EXTRA ads from sister newspapers; Tofield and Area Church Directory; Upcoming community and other events; Classified and Blanket advertising; and much more!!!