Here’s what else is making news in the May 23, 2017 edition of The Tofield Mercury, on news stands now!
– Canada 150 Souvenir Edition – to be published on June 27th in celebration of this area and the entire country’s 150th anniversary of Confederation; watch for details advertised in this paper on how you can personally participate in this event!
– RCMP cast a wide net with regular traffic stops on patrol;
– Hwys. 14 and 21 accidents keep RCMP busy – driver airlifted by STARS west of Tofield;
– Opinion: Standing up for our Canadian Armed Forces;
– Loose Ends columnist Carol Livingstone discusses walking in “Walk This Way;”
– Tofield, Ryley and Area Food Bank busy handing out 26,000 lb. of food in 2016;
– Declining enrollments expected to affect BRSD budget and funding;
– Sports: Great evening for baseball in Tofield with Braves victory – Josh McDonald clinches win with RBI single with two out in bottom of the seventh;
– Clean Harbors gives out $25,000 in community grant funds to five organizations;
– This Week on the Web: Tourist yanked into water by sea lion; man lives in seclusion on 131 foot pillar; and young boy spends allowance on shelter dogs;
– Ride for Mom motorcyclists come through Tofield fundraising for women in need;
– Sunshine Villa residents honour pastors in area with special tea and games;
– Soccer action in Tofield keeps local teams hopping;
– BCC: REACH to help start or grow small businesses in county with entrepreneurial program in Holden;
– Also inside this edition: Community events; Real Estate sales; Classifieds and Blanket advertising; Help Wanted Ads; Business and Professional Pages; Tofield and Area Church Directory; and much more!!!